"Grand Bahama Island is a gift from nature, on the edge of the warm Gulf Stream, bathed by gentle breezes, in waters so blue they dazzle."
Less than an hour by air from Florida, Pelican Bay Hotel has abundant happiness to share.
The setting generates happiness on its own. You sense the contentment of this haven of relaxation and renewal in:
- the tropical greenery that surrounds you.
- the vibrant, traditional Bahamian architecture.
- the relaxing views from your Waterside Room.
- the spacious hospitality of your State Room suite.
Most of all, you sense it in the happy attitudes of Pelican Bay staff who welcome you. They are here to make your days at Pelican Bay the relaxing vacation you expect them to be.
Designed to create a different world, Pelican Bay Hotel lifts you from the pressures and stresses of living, to where your carefree happiness is our all-consuming passion.
Choose your accommodations:
- 90 Waterside rooms have king beds or double beds.
- 96 Waterside State Rooms, include:
- 750 square feet with a comfortable living room, bedroom and bath
- Cable TV
- mini-fridge and microwave
- in-room espresso and coffee makers
- an library of recent fiction and non-fiction books
- dual-line phones
- eclectic island-themed décor throughout
- wireless internet
- Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors open to your private balcony.
Another source of happiness is our superb, on-premise, outdoor restaurant, Sabor.Open daily for lunch, dinner and drinks, its ambience is island-tropical, overlooking the yacht marina.
Choose from three pools for your swimming and lounging:
- The Main Pool, on a plaza adjacent to Sabor and the spa pool;
- Neptune's Pool, on the terrace overlooking Bell Channel Bay;
- The Quiet Pool, away from the rest of the resort for a bit of seclusion and quiet reflection.
Breakfast is served each morning in the Captain's Gallery, on the top floor of Canal House, with stunning views of land and sea. Before breakfast, a fruit-and-pastry basket, with a complimentary fax brief from the New York Times, is delivered to your room.
You will be a 5-minute stroll to the inviting Lucaya Marketplace. Excellent restaurants, folk market shops and Treasure Bay Casino greet you there.
Equally convenient are Grand Slam tennis courts and a white sand beach, both available to Pelican Bay guests at a neighboring resort.
You may ride by small ferry to the beautiful, sugar-sands of Taino Beach. It's a complimentary 15-minute ride. Guests find the ferry ride an entertaining prelude to the beach. It leaves from the special dock in front of the main pool, and motors between the beach and the Pelican Bay dock all day.
Beyond those walking distance activities, you'll discover more Grand Bahama Island attractions:
- Watch or swim with dolphins at the Dolphin Experience
- Play golf on two 18-hole Championship courses
- Go deep-sea, reef, and flats fishing
- Go snorkeling or scuba diving
- Picnic at Lucayan National Park, with its fascinating subterranean caves. The park includes a powdery, turquoise-water beach, reached by walkway over mangrove flats teaming with colorful fish.
You can explore Grand Bahama Island on your own or with advice from Pelican Bay's cheerful staff. Taxis to anywhere on the island can be arranged through the Pelican Bay reception desk.
Please make Pelican Bay Hotel your next vacation destination. Guests who do, come back again and again as friends. That makes us very happy too.